TDET is committed to providing the highest quality of education to all our pupils in all the academies and settings that form the Trust.
We firmly believe that education is not just about test and exam results, recognising however that these are important. Even more so, we want all of our pupils to receive a rich and diverse range of opportunity, underpinned by the highest quality of teaching and care that enables them to thrive.
We have a clear, well-considered and structured approach to school improvement which is underpinned by a number of fundamental pillars supported by the TDET values:
- A deep understanding of our academies strengths and needs
- An adaptation of approach to individual academy context
- Collaborative practice (within and beyond the Trust) to develop and utilise expertise and capacity
- Strategic deployment of expertise
- Evidence informed practice
- Relentless in the pursuit of improvement
- Resilient in persevering with improvement despite challenges
- Clear monitoring and evaluation of impact.
The education improvement framework operates within a continuum where some aspects of practice are standardised (centrally directed) to areas of work that become aligned through the sharing of good practice through to aspects that are entirely with the control of the Academy.
The central education team consists of the Director of Education who is responsible for the overall education strategy and the improvement of standards, provision and outcomes in our academies. The Director of Education line manages all Academy Principals, a small central team of experts and orchestrates the improvement challenge and support. This team currently consists of leads for Literacy/EAL, Pupil Premium/Leadership, SEND and Primary Science. Additionally, an experienced primary Head also has responsibility for leading on a project called Power Teaching which is in place in 3 of the primary academies.
Name: Scott Hudson
Phone: 01733 426063