Thomas Deacon Education Trust is out to consultation regarding the proposed reduction to the Academy’s Pupil Admission Number.
Read more below or a link to PDF document can be found at the bottom of this page.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust would welcome your views on a proposed change to the Admission Number for Gladstone Primary Academy from 2023.
The Trust/Academy is proposing to reduce the Admission Number for Gladstone Primary Academy from 120 to 90. The reasons for this are set out below:
- Gladstone Primary Academy is situated in the centre of Peterborough. The school was expanded in 2014 to have the capacity for four form entry. The catchment area for Gladstone Primary Academy has remained the same, bordered by Sergeant Street, Lincoln Road, Taverners Road and Bourges Boulevard, a relatively small area given the possible capacity of the school.
- Over the last two years, the number of applications for Reception has been considerably lower than the 120 places on offer and have not exceeded 90 in the last 3 years.
- The academy intends to use the reduction in PAN to relocate the Gladstone Academy Preschool into the main academy building. Using the capacity created by a reduction in PAN will enable the creation of an Early Years Unit, improving provision and transition from preschool into reception.
- It is recognised that a reduction in the Published Admission Number to 90 would reduce the number of places available at the Academy. However, given the turnover of places in recent years it is expected that it would be possible to offer all local applicants a place over their reception year.
- If numbers were significantly greater than expected, the option would remain to add a bulge class at the Academy due to smaller cohorts over the last 3 years.
The Trust is not proposing any changes to the admission criteria for the school. A copy of the proposed admissions policy is available on the Academy’s website: www.gpa.education.
Who is the Trust consulting with?
The Trust is consulting with parents of children at schools within Peterborough and early years providers, local residents, parents of any other children aged between two and eighteen, councillors, MPs, head teachers, governors and other local stakeholders.
Have Your Say
The Trust would like to receive your views on the proposed reduction to the Academy’s Admission Number.
Any written comments should be sent to the Thomas Deacon Education Trust
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the words ‘ADMISSIONS CONSULTATION’ in the title; or
- By post to: Shirley Thackray, GPA Admissions Consultation, Thomas Deacon Education Trust, Queen’s Gardens, Peterborough PE1 2UW.
It would be helpful if you would indicate in what capacity you are responding (eg parent, teacher, governor etc.)
Please respond by 30th November 2021 when this consultation will close.
What Happens Next?
The Trust Board will consider all the responses to the consultation. It will then decide whether to implement the changes.
If approved, the changes would be introduced for September 2023 entry.